Don't Let Fear of Falling Keep Your Loved One Down
A recent report in Science Daily revealed that roughly half of the elderly residents in nursing homes have a severe fear of falling. Falls in nursing homes can be the result of neglect or abuse, leading not only to physical injuries but mental health issues that could adversely affect your family member’s daily activities.
If your elderly loved one lives in a nursing home and you think he or she has suffered a fall caused by abuse or neglect, please call Cullan & Cullan at (602) 786-8860 to begin building your case against those responsible.
Nursing home abuse and neglect can take many forms, potentially leading to falls and other serious injuries. If your loved one has suffered a fall, some of the causes could include:
- Poor management and/or maintenance of the nursing home’s facilities and equipment
- Understaffing, leaving residents alone for long periods of time
- Errors in the prescription and administration of medication
If your loved one falls and suffers an injury, chances are he or she will do whatever it takes to avoid falling again. However, fear of falling can lead to problems in itself, including:
- Loss of interest in regular activities, leading to social isolation and boredom
- Decreased physical fitness and coordination, which could in turn cause more falls
If your family member has suffered a fall in a nursing home and you believe neglect or abuse might be the cause, please contact Cullan & Cullan, today to schedule a confidential, no-cost consultation. Our experienced attorneys are proud to advocate for nursing home abuse victims in or around the greater Mesa, Phoenix, and Scottsdale areas of Arizona.